Thursday, September 24, 2009

the bugs are back

I'm sitting here not quite noon at home in front of my computer with a chemical soaked head and a plastic bag over it. Why? Seems that I have contracted, for the first time this year and only four weeks in, the dreaded lice.

G came back to school today. I had to take her to the nurse to be sure she was bug - free. Alas, she wasn't. The nurse called her mother, who again flipped, cursed her out and blamed the school for her having lice, blamed the teachers, the nurses, anyone and everyone, claiming we have a personal vendetta against her daughter.

I come back upstairs to get work for her to do while she's waiting for her mother to pick her up, and my para says "oh, Ms. Lowe, wait a minute -" and picks something out of my hair.
Are you fucking kidding me?
So I go to the nurse with work and a request, and sure enough, "yep Ms. Lowe, you have nits."

I didn't want to leave. My class is going well. We seem to have been on a groove this week and I had all kinds of geometry lessons planned.
But no. In about 15 minutes, I will drag the fine tooth comb through my head and watch the little bugs fall out. I'm already gagging.

But at least I didn't get beat up. Though I'm not sure that would have been worse.

I love my job, I hate my job, I love my job, I hate my job.

Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. Ick, ick, ICK! I feel so bad for you, and that poor little girl. To have her mom yell at her, her friends embarrass her....it just breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete