Wednesday, September 2, 2009

day 3. Sept. 2, 2009

I want to tell you about the best part of my day.

Got up at 5am and took annie dog for a walk, watched the sun rise. Very cool. That wasn't the best part of my day, though.

E and A are giving me hell in my class. Ten years teaching pre school and I never once got my bitch on. I mean, It would have scared the hell out of 3, 4 and 5 year olds. Last year I didn't get my bitch on either, and yes, I payed for it when my first and second graders did some walking on me. With boots. So this year I have my bitch on.
"I should NOT hear ANYONE'S VOICES."
"This is NOT a line!"
"You may NOT speak when I am speaking!"
Etc. It's so weird, this persona... I hate to admit that it's even kind of fun... and it sorta freaks me out when I find myself sounding exactly like my sister...

So the best part of my day was at the end of it, when there were two children left waiting for their bus and we sat on a bench to wait.

I. is the coolest boy ever. I am nuts about that kid. Some kids you just connect with, no effort, like little soul mates. He is that kid. So, there I am on the bench thinking about me-as-bitch-teacher and I say, "I've been pretty mean, huh?"
I. looks at me and nods his head.
"Do you think I'm being too mean?"
"Hey," I. shrugs, my 8 year old soulmate student, "You gotta do what you gotta do!"

Oh my God. That was the best part of my day. That moment will keep me going for at least another week. I am crazy about my kids... even if I've got my bitch on... for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment