Monday, September 14, 2009

monday night

Teacher's don't get a lot of time to do stuff for themselves, but I'm in a writing group and even though we meet late and I have to drive far, it's bliss to do something for myself...

And today was not so bad... Although it started with I. coming in crying that "some girl took his money." Immediately I'm thinking what? Some girl bullied you, took a few bucks, what are you talking about? But then Ms. W came to see me. She is on bus duty and the driver alerted her that this boy was counting cash. A lot of cash. Ms. W handed me over 200. bucks that was in I's pocket; she took it away as he was counting it while walking up the stairs to class. "I'll give it to your teacher," she said. "I promise." And she did.

"It was my birthday money."

I knew he had a birthday Saturday, and I didn't doubt for one second that it was his. It's just the kind of kid he is. Still, "I., really, you can't bring this much cash to school, you just can't." I called his parents to say it will be in an envelope and I will hand it to him before he goes home. In fact I put it in his bag right before he stepped on the bus.

Other than that, it was a pretty good day... Had to talk down A and M and MD, new ell sped MC, is really really hard... but nobody went off or stabbed another with a pencil...

It's a good day when nobody gets stabbed with a pencil or ends up in the "quiet room" aka solitary confinement... can't complain...
or wait a minute, maybe I can.... Stay tuned :) ...

No comments:

Post a Comment